You asked. Chewy listened. The much-anticipated launch of Chewy’s Wish List feature is now available for shelters and rescues, like yourself, to curate customized product lists for supporters to shop and give back. Wish List is similar to a Baby or Wedding registry, giving your community and Chewy’s customers the ability to shop your list and donate supplies directly to your door. From food and treats to crates and beds, the pet lovers at Chewy have all the products you need to support the animals in your care.
How does it work?
Chewy’s Wish List is available to all non-profit organizations enrolled in Chewy’s Shelters & Rescues Network. Signing up is super easy with Chewy’s user friendly interface. Follow the steps below to start building your Wish List or to enroll.
Step 1: Log in to your Chewy Shelters & Rescues Network account. (Hint: Use the email address attached to your organization’s Chewy account).
*If you’re new to Chewy’s network, click here to get started.
Step 2: Click on Your Account and go to the My Shelters tab.
Step 3: Click on your organization’s Wish List tab and start building your Wish List.
*Search for products, click “Add to List”, set your quantity needed, then click add to Shelter Wish List.
Step 4: Share your Wish List URL and start receiving donations.
With over 1,000+ brands in stock, you can count on Chewy to have the products you need most. As pet people, Chewy understands how important it is for organizations like yours to get these products in a timely manner. A few features of Wish List that are worth noting:
- You have the option to set quantities needed, most needed items, and always needed items (helpful for the endless supply of kibble needed to keep your animals full and healthy).
- You’ll notice a Chewy eGift Card on your Wish List. These are great to have on hand as they can be used to buy prescription food and medication.
- Chewy ships the donated product directly to you- no need to coordinate drop offs or pickups.
- Shipping is free to the donor on all orders $49+, with most orders shipping in 1-2 days.
- Hint: Make sure you add products in different price ranges so it is easier for donors to hit the $49 threshold.
- Your URL is custom to your organization and is easy to share/embed on your website.
- Tip: You can find pre-approved creative assets by joining our Referral Program that can be used across your social channels and website.
How is Chewy’s Wish List different than other registries?
Chewy is home to 12 million+ pet parents across the U.S. With their Wish List search functionality, customers on Chewy’s site can find shelters and rescues based on their location/zip code. You are located in North Carolina but have supporters in Colorado? No problem. It is easy for customers to shop while they are already on the site.
In addition to Wish List, Chewy offers a generous commission for new customer purchases through your organization’s referral link. Chewy has integrated with a third party platform for you to track referrals and access approved creative. As a member of Chewy’s Shelters and Rescues Network, you’ll have access to the platform at no cost to you. Your referral tracking link can be used across your website, social channels, e-newsletters and blogs- anywhere you can place the link, you can earn commissions. The more new customers you send to Chewy, the more you can earn. There’s no cap!
Our friends at Chewy are working around the clock to ensure products are reaching those who need it most. Since the beginning of 2020, Chewy has donated over $25 million dollars to animal welfare organizations across the U.S. The launch of Wish List is a testimony to their commitment to serving the pet community and proves that together, we can make a bigger difference.
Click here to learn more about Wish List and Chewy’s Shelters and Rescues Network.
To learn more about Purina’s support of animal welfare organizations around the U.S., and to see if you are eligible, visit www.purinashelterchampions.com