Thank you for your interest in an Adopt-a-Pet.com Veterinary Care Fund grant! We so admire the dedication of rescues and shelters helping homeless pets get healthy and adopted. The 2013 Adopt-a-Pet.com $10,000 Veterinary Care Fund was accepting applications from October 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013 — it is NOW CLOSED. In the final weeks, we will contact 10 grant recipients drawn from qualifying finalists. Grant recipients will also be posted here. If you do not hear from us by January 10, 2014 we are so sorry, you are not a recipient.
- You must have an approved & active Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter or rescue account to qualify for a grant. An approved account is one that was approved after signing up – you received your approval email, and pets you list are visible to the public. An active account has, within the last 90 days, either: a) logged in and viewed your Pet List or added a new pet; or, b) added a new pet via uploading software. Not sure? You can log in and view your Pet List here which will mark your account as active.
- Don’t have an an account yet? No problem! You can easily sign up for an Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter or rescue account here. Then you can come back to this page to apply after you get your approval email and have listed a pet for adoption.
- Only one application per shelter/rescue account is accepted. In the case of duplicate applications, the most recent application will be used. (Applications from past years are not valid: please re-apply.)
How to Apply for a Grant:
An authorized representative of your shelter or rescue should send an email [email address removed as grants are now closed] with the seven items below, in the body of the email. Please do not send attachments other than photos. We will not open attachments to read them. Photos are fine as attachments. Thank you!
1. Shelter/Rescue name
2. City, U.S. State or Canadian Province, Zip or Postal Code
3. Your first and last name
4. Your title or affiliation with the shelter/rescue
5. Your telephone number
6. Describe how a $1,000 Veterinary Care Fund grant will change the life of a pet (or pets) in your care!
7. Photo(s) of the pet or pets who will benefit from the grant, or pets who benefitted from veterinary care provided by your organization in the past. We love before and after photos!
We hope our grant application process is easy and clear! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In past years we received thousands of incredible submissions for grants from the Adopt-a-Pet.com Veterinary Care Fund, which was established in 2011 with an initial donation of $50,000 from Purina Veterinary Diets® . We’ve posted past grant recipients’ stories here on our Shelter Blog, and as well a few select submissions from non-recipients. Thank you to all the shelters who submitted their wonderful stories, photos, and video links! We are so moved by the amazing efforts rescues and shelters make to give homeless pets a chance at getting healthy, so they can be adopted.
Submissions License: Each Participant or Charity may have the opportunity to submit videos, photos, text, or other content (“Submissions”) to the Veterinary Care Fund (“Program”). Each Submission will remain the property of the respective Participant or Charity who will have sole responsibility and liability for any claims related to those Submissions. However, each Participant and Charity grant Adopt-a-Pet.com and its affiliated companies a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid right and license: (a) to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of any Submissions provided by Participant or Charity through the Program, (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly through multiple tiers), license, offer to sell and sell, rent, lease, or lend copies of the Submissions (and derivative works thereof), and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Participant and Charity consent to the use of his/her/its name, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Program. Each Participant and Charity agrees such grant and consent is without restrictions or additional compensation or permission of any kind.