The Purina Veterinary Diets® Adopt-a-Pet.com $50,000 Veterinary Care Fund applications were accepted from June 6 through November 28, 2011. APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
We’ve received thousands of wonderful submissions for the Purina Veterinary Diets® Adopt-a-Pet.com $50,000 Veterinary Care Fund! We have posted all of the recipients’ stories here on our Shelter Blog, and as well a few select submissions from non-recipient finalist applications. Thank you to all the shelters who submitted their wonderful stories, photos, and video links. We are so moved by the amazing lengths rescues and shelters go to give homeless pets a chance at getting healthy so they can be adopted!
- Only one submission per shelter/rescue was accepted.
- Each week 10 finalists were selected and one grant recipient was randomly drawn from the finalists.
- Recipients were contacted by Adopt-a-Pet.com as grants are awarded each week.
- Grant recipients were posted each week here.
- If you have not heard from us by November 30, 2011 you are not a recipient.
- IMPORTANT: Your shelter or rescue must have a valid Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter account to apply. Applications from shelters/rescues without an Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter account will be disqualified. You can easily sign up for an Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter account here, and come back to this page to apply after you get your approval email (typically within 48 hours).
How to Apply for a Grant:
An authorized representative of your shelter or rescue should send the answers to these six questions in an email to –email removed as applications are now closed –.
1. Your Shelter/Rescue’s Name
2. City, State, Zip
3. Your first and last name
4. Your title or affiliation with the shelter/rescue
5. Your telephone number
6. Describe how a $2,000 grant will change the life of a pet (or pets) in your care!
We encourage you to attach a JPG photo or two of the pet or pets who need vet help. We also love YouTube video links!
Thank you for everything you do to help homeless pets!
Submissions License: Each Participant or Charity may have the opportunity to submit videos, photos, text, or other content (“Submissions”) to the Veterinary Care Fund (“Program”). Each Submission will remain the property of the respective Participant or Charity who will have sole responsibility and liability for any claims related to those Submissions. However, each Participant and Charity grant Adopt-a-Pet.com and its affiliated companies a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid right and license: (a) to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of any Submissions provided by Participant or Charity through the Program, (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly through multiple tiers), license, offer to sell and sell, rent, lease, or lend copies of the Submissions (and derivative works thereof), and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Participant and Charity consent to the use of his/her/its name, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Program. Each Participant and Charity agrees such grant and consent is without restrictions or additional compensation or permission of any kind.
To learn more about Purina’s support of animal welfare organizations around the U.S., and to see if you are eligible, visit www.purinashelterchampions.com