The Adopt-a-Pet.com Veterinary Care Fund grant committee will be selecting the final grant recipients in the next weeks. If you haven’t heard from us by December 12th, 2014 we’re so sorry, your application was not selected – we won’t email or call you if you’re not selected. We will be posting the final grant recipients applications, along with the eight already there, on our shelter blog: http://shelterblog.adoptapet.com/category/veterinary-care-fund/
Thank you for your shelter or rescue’s interest in the Adopt-a-Pet.com Veterinary Care Fund grants — helping homeless pets get healthy and adopted! The Adopt-a-Pet.com Veterinary Care Fund is giving away grants to shelters and rescues of up to $2,000 each! Deadlines and application instructions below. FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 1st, 2014.
- You must have an approved & active Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter or rescue account to qualify for a grant…
An approved account is one that was approved after signing up – you received your approval email, and/or pets you list on Adopt-a-Pet.com are visible to the public.
An active account has, within the last 30 days, either: a) logged in and viewed your Pet List or added a new pet, or b) added a new pet via uploading software. Not sure? You can log in and view your Pet List here which will mark your account as active.
- Don’t have an an account yet? No problem! You can sign up for an Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter or rescue account here. You can apply after you get your approval email and have listed a pet for adoption.
How to Apply for a Grant:
An authorized representative of your shelter or rescue should send an email to – EMAIL REMOVED AS APPLICATIONS CLOSED DEC 1, 2014 - with the seven items below in the email. Please do not email attached files other than photos. We will not open attachments to read them. Photos are fine as attachments. Thank you!
City, U.S. state or Canadian province, zip or postal code.
Your first and last name.
Your title or affiliation with the shelter/rescue.
Your telephone number.
Describe how a $500, $1,000 and/or $2,000 Veterinary Care Fund grant will change the life of a pet or pets currently in your care. You can apply for one, two, or all three grant amounts in the same email.
Note: The grants are for pets currently in your care with immediate veterinary needs, so they can get healthy and adopted. However, please do not wait to hear from us to give the pet veterinary care! If you are a grant recipient, the funds can be used for veterinary costs at any time.
Attach photos of the pets who will benefit from the grant.
- Apply June 15 through July 31 ~ deadline July 31, 2014
- Apply August 1 to 31 ~ deadline August 31, 2014
- Apply September 1 to 30 ~ deadline September 30, 2014
- NEW ADDITIONAL GRANTS ADDED! Apply October 1 to November 30 ~ deadline December 1, 2014
- Only one application email per month per Adopt-a-Pet.com account allowed.
- You can apply each month using the same application… NEW! For the October 1 to November 30 granting period you do NOT need to resend your application as all 2014 applications are valid.
- By applying for this grant, you agree to provide Adopt-a-Pet.com with follow-up photos and descriptions of how the grant helped the pet or pets in your care.
- Grant recipients are drawn from qualifying finalists and are notified by email or phone. Grant recipients will also be posted here. If you do not hear from us , we are so sorry, you are not a recipient for that month. We will not be contacting everyone.
We hope our grant application process is easy and clear! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us at email@example.com.
Submissions License: Each Participant or Charity may have the opportunity to submit videos, photos, text, or other content (“Submissions”) to the Veterinary Care Fund (“Program”). Each Submission will remain the property of the respective Participant or Charity who will have sole responsibility and liability for any claims related to those Submissions. However, each Participant and Charity grant Adopt-a-Pet.com and its affiliated companies a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, fully paid right and license: (a) to make, have made, use, copy, reproduce, modify, and create derivative works of any Submissions provided by Participant or Charity through the Program, (b) to publicly perform or display, import, broadcast, transmit, distribute (directly and indirectly through multiple tiers), license, offer to sell and sell, rent, lease, or lend copies of the Submissions (and derivative works thereof), and (c) to sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties. Additionally, each Participant and Charity consent to the use of his/her/its name, statements, photographs, videos, voice recordings and likenesses for publicity purposes, as well as any other purpose associated with the Program. Each Participant and Charity agrees such grant and consent is without restrictions or additional compensation or permission of any kind.
In past years we received thousands of incredible submissions for grants from the Adopt-a-Pet.com Veterinary Care Fund, which was established in 2011 with an initial donation of $50,000 from Purina Veterinary Diets® . We’ve posted past grant recipients’ stories here on our Shelter Blog, and as well a few select submissions from non-recipients. Thank you to all the shelters who submitted their wonderful stories, photos, and video links! We are so moved by the amazing efforts rescues and shelters make to give homeless pets a chance at getting healthy, so they can be adopted.
To learn more about Purina's feeding programs, visit www.purinashelterchampions.com