This article describes how to add your Adopt-a-Pet.com Pet List to WordPress and other websites. If you need help, have any suggestions for how we can make these instructions easier, please email email@example.com — thank you!
1. Use the WordPress Plugin created by a fantastic volunteer:
2. Use an iFrame: If you have an iFrame plugin in your WordPress theme or can use an iFrame in your website builder, you can use these steps below. (Many of the free themes on WordPress.ORG do not allow iFrames.)
- First, you need your Adopt-a-Pet.com shelter account unique ID number.
You can see that number on your Pet List Links page:
Look for the number in the links. For example, in
http://www.AdoptaPet.com/shelter1234-pets.html <– 1234 is the ID number.
- Go to the WordPress page where you want to add your Pet List.
Click the little “world” icon that is for inserting an iFrame.
(We put a green arrow pointing to it in the screenshot below.)
3. A little box will pop up, like this:
4. Click in the box below to copy the URL then paste it into the box’s URL field.
In the code you copied in the box, very carefully type over to replace the sample number 1234 with your unique ID number. This is a little tricky! You probably will need to click somewhere else in the URL then use your arrow keys to move the cursor to the shelter_id number. Be careful… don’t type over the = before or the & after the number in the code!
5. Make sure “Enable srollbars” is checked.
6. Set the width and height to fit your page.
7. Click OK and publish or save your page. You’re all done! (We’ve heard it doesn’t always show up in “preview” so you might want to publish it on a test page first.)
Here’s a real-world example of a WordPress site using the pet list iframe:
To learn more about Purina’s support of animal welfare organizations around the U.S., and to see if you are eligible, visit www.purinashelterchampions.com