Last updated November 18, 2013
We are happy to offer a free way to put an Adopt-a-Pet.com Pit Bull search on your Facebook Page! The steps below are for adding a Pit Bull search, but you can modify it to use the links for other breeds at the bottom of the page.
The steps below explain how to use a fantastic free Facebook App called “Static HTML”. This App was not created by Adopt-a-Pet.com. The App, Facebook, and browsers do often get updated, which can cause things not to look or work the same. If you follow the steps and something has changed, please email email@example.com so we can update our instructions. Thank you!
Note: This App does not work on personal Facebook “Profiles” – only on a business or organization “Page”. If you do not have a Facebook Page yet for your rescue or shelter, go here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php and create one.
Follow the steps exactly, in order…
Take your time.
Jennifer is available to help if you need it!
- Log in to your Facebook account that is the Admin for your Page,
then click here: Static HTML: iframe tabs
(or click on Second Tab if you are using that app already)
- Click on the blue button that says:
- Select the page you want to add your pet list to from the dropdown:
- Click the blue button that appears:
- You will be redirected to your Page. Click on the new “Welcome” tab in your Navigation. It will be below your cover photo. Sometimes you have to click the tiny down arrow to see all your tabs. It looks like this:
- You’ll get to a menu page, click this option:
or it might look like this:
- Highlight the code below by clicking in the box.
- Copy the highlighted code by pressing your Ctrl then C keys on a PC, or your Command and C keys on a Mac.
- Go back to your Facebook app, and click your mouse in the white space below where it says index.html. You’ll see a blinking cursor waiting for you to type. Paste (press Ctrl then V key) the code into the index.html box.
- Click the blue Save & Publish button.
The button will change to say: all saved
- Now you need to rename the link under the tab something other than “Welcome”.
Go to your Facebook page.
At the very top, click on Update Page Info and then Apps.
- Look for the blue star Static HTML, and click “Edit Settings”.
- - Type in a Custom tab Name. Keep it short, as it will get cut off after a certain length.
Click the “Save” button, and then “Okay”… or before you click Okay… see next step.
- Optional: You can change the blue star to a Custom Tab Image. You can use one of these tab images if you like:
- Right click on the tab image you want, select save to my desktop (or click & drag it to your desktop).
- Back in the settings window, click the “Change” link next to Custom Tab Image. That will take you to a new page.
- Click on the star to edit it.
-Choose the tab image you want from your computer.
Congratulations you’re done!
You successfully added an Adopt-a-Pet.com Pit Bull search to your Facebook Page! We’d love to see it when you’re done, feel free to share a link to your Facebook page on our Adopt-a-Pet.com Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Adoptapetcom
* OTHER BREEDS
Currently we have search pages for these breeds below only. We are so sorry if your favorite breed isn’t here yet! We will be adding more breeds in the future. You can find the links to use for these breeds at http://www.adoptapet.com/public/searchtools/ just click on the Breed Specific tab.
Cat & Kitten
Jack Russell Terrier
To learn more about Purina's feeding programs, visit www.purinashelterchampions.com